To protect myself from being sliced open, I made rat get a pedicure Saturday. The man's toenails are thick, strong and long. They hurt when they brush against my skin in the middle of the night as I walk past his feet sticking out of the bed. I get up to pee and he opens a vein in my leg...
He had seen a place in the strip shopping center with the Tom Thumb where we do a lot of grocery shopping and when we got there we noticed the words on the glass saying 'walk-ins welcome'. Great! We had dropped by to make an appointment and he could be done that day!
It is a busy place and the staff is bustling around. I decide to get my first manicure ever, since they were only $10 and they take me first. I now have even nails with clear polish. The girl doing my nails found me amusing as we chatted about languages and writing. As my nails were drying at the drying station, rat was taken to a big 'thing' with a cushy chair and a large jacuzzi footbath. The girl REALLY did a good job cleaning those toes up and getting the nails short. I have tried to cut those nails and I have threatened to purchase a horse hoof cutter because his nails are so tough and strong.
While I waited for him, I sat on one of the drying station chairs. Two spanky girls with new French Tips were seated with me. One was still in high school and one had been taking some college classes. For a while, rat and I talked back and forth with some of our sign language words because it was so loud. The girls kept looking at us. Finally I picked up on them talking about school and how much they hated World Geography. I had to add my two cents, which was how useless the class was for anyone except someone majoring in it. The college girl and I started chatting about how general education is really not geared to interests but to what the powers-that-be want a person to know. A class should be geared to the interests of the person - for example, college girl was a psychology major. Instead of taking two semesters of specific American History classes (1301-prior to 1865 & 1302-after 1865) with all those stupid wars, dates and people to memorize, why are classes not geared to that psychology major? Take the same timelines and put in the history of psychology into the mix. That makes it more interesting.
Anyway, we had a nice chat. Then rat was ready, we paided, then went home.
We also went to a craft show Saturday. Saw my ex-boss from UTD there, as a vendor! She gave me a big hug and we chatted for a while.
The craft show was fun but my back was dying by the end of the hour. We went to eat at the neighborhood Italian place, did the nail thing, then got home.
Yes, we have been doing FF7 this weekend, too. Just got Vincent in the party.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*